- 500g potatoes (peeled weight)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespons olive oil (for cooking)
- 120g brie
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped or 3 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 packet Norfolk Bay smoked mussels with sweet chilli
Grate the potatoes coarsely into a clean tea towel and then fold over to enclose and squeeze out the excess liquid. Turn out into a bowl and mix with the egg yolk, flour and salt.
Heat the oil in a heavy based froing pan and place level dessertspoons of the mixture in the pan, pressing down quite flat. Cook on one side until golden brown, then turn over and cook to the same on the other side. Keep warm.
Cut the brie into slices – sufficient for the number of rosti. Place a portion on top of each rosti and immediately top with a smoked chilli mussel and a sprinkling of chopped chilli or a tiny dab of sweet chilli sauce. Serve immediately.Save this recipe as PDF